Sunday, September 11, 2011

Man, I spend an hour writing this thing and now I have to think of a title, too??

Well, I've been a blogger for all of 42 hours, and I'm feeling about as lost as my Grandma when she tries to order coffee at Starbucks. Seems like an easy thing, right? Ordering coffee? At Starbucks? No. She spent about four and a half minutes looking at the menu, then asked the barista, "So, do you serve coffee here?" True story.

But back to my blogging cluelessness. At the risk of sounding like my mother, I've always been about two steps behind on technology. We didn't have cell phones until 2008, we didn't start texting on said cell phones until 2010, we just got our first laptop 2 months ago and we still (maybe you'd better sit down for this) have yet to buy an iPod. In fact, if you'd like to make fun of how 20th century we are, Natalie asked for an iPod last Christmas and we got her a Disk Man. Yeah, I know, we're about a decade (or two?) behind on that one. So being behind on joining (and figuring out) the blogging world is just par for the course, I suppose.

So. What's my point? I don't know. I guess I'm just trying to come up with an excuse for how someone living in 2011 can have this much trouble figuring out a simple thing like adding the "blogs I follow" list to my page (seriously, took me an hour...). I think it's safe to say, though, that the not-so-tech-savvy apple will stop falling at my branch of the tree. Natalie has been asking for her own facebook page since she was five (so that "I can get credit for all the funny things I say, Mom!") and now that she knows I've started a blog, all I hear from her is, "Mom, I want my own dot com, too!" That girl has a lot to say, and, thanks to social media, a lot of ways to say it.

Come to think of it, maybe I should just have her do this for me. I'm sure she'd catch on quicker than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment