Monday, October 3, 2011

Seven-Going-On-Seventeen...

So Natalie already has a crush on a boy. I know, you're thinking it's about 15 years too early, right? Yeah, me too. 


When did my tiny baby turn into a boy-liking, fashion-conscious mini-teenager who's too old for princesses and doesn't want me walking her to class anymore??

 

So this is how it went tonight:

Natalie: "There's a boy I like..."
Me: *immediate panic attack renders me speechless*
Greg: "Does he have his ear pierced?"
Natalie: "No."
Greg: "Is he a vegetarian?"
Natalie: "Well, he eats candy..."
Greg: "Does he like Star Wars? Because if a 7 year old boy doesn't like Star Wars there's something wrong with him."
Natalie: "He likes Star Wars. And comic books."
Me: "Well, let me tell you what it's like to be a comic widow..."

***********************

A few minutes later....

Natalie: "My friend told a boy she liked him the other day..."
Me: "Well, do you think you're going to tell this boy you like him?"
Natalie: *giggling* "No way, that's too embarrassing. I'll wait til we're in college."
Me: *immediate relief renders me speechless*
Natalie: "I hope we have lots of classes together in college..."

Ahhh, so maybe I still have a few years with my baby after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment